In two weeks it’ll be Christmas Eve, Christmas Eve guys, can you believe it? I can’t, but boy I cannot wait for the Christmas foodies. The time to be with loved ones, having a good time, laughing, good food, literally ticking all my boxes. I love the lead up to Christmas, everyone out buying gifts and preparing the delicious treats for the big day. A tasty treat we have this week with this pork belly recipe, full of flavour and so very simple to make. If you’re feeling a richer flavour use a meatier stock, otherwise vegetable stock will work just as well.
- 600g pork belly slices
- 400ml stock
- 200ml cranberry juice
- 7-8 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 bulb of garlic, peeled leaving the cloves whole
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 fan.
- Place your baking tray on the stove, add the garlic, shallot and oil and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Put the pork belly slices on top of the garlic and shallots, distributing them evenly on the tray.
- Pour in the stock and the cranberry juice, try to avoid touching the meat so that the fattier parts of the meat can render and become crispy in the cooking process. Season the pork with salt and pepper
- Put the baking tray in the oven and leave to cook for 45 minutes to an hour. Best served hot and with some mashed potatoes.
2 thoughts on “Cranberry & Onion Pork Belly”
This looks lovely