We are nearly half way through the month and let’s be honest, we are all preparing for the Christmas holidays. Preparation is well underway in our household and it’s kicking off with a banger. Starting with this glass of deliciousness; a blood orange sour. Blood oranges are just so so tasty, a beautiful dark red flesh with a sweet but ‘soury’ citrus flavour that is just too good! I’ve doubled the alcohol quantity on this one and believe me, you won’t be disappointed and nor will your guests be over the celebratory period.
- 100ml Blood Orange Gin ( I used Beefeater Gin)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (golden syrup will also work well)
- 350 ml smooth blood orange juice
- Ice … lots of it
- Using a jug mix the gin, syrup and blood orange juice together thoroughly.
- Take 2 tumbler glasses and a couple of rosemary leaves and rub around the rim of both glasses
- Place 3-4 rosemary leaves at the bottom of each glass and fill generously with ice cubes.
- Evenly distribute the gin mixture into both glasses. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and serve.