It’s the last weekend in November and let’s be honest, December is going to be one busy month. There’s always so much going on this time of the year, I can’t lie, I’m struggling to find the time to do anything at the moment there’s just so much going on. A lot of rich and tasty food is going to be enjoyed next month so this is a lighter option to balance out all the heavier or more decadent meals that we are about to consume. A delicious winter warmer that contains a mild but flavourful kick of a little summin summin that’s not quite a curry but brings those packets of warm hearty flavours.
- 1 courgette, cut into chunks
- 2 small chilli’s, roughly chopped
- 1 medium potato, cut into small chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp medium curry powder
- 1 can (400g) coconut milk
- 1 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
- In a pan, start by frying the garlic and ginger together in the oil for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the courgette and potato and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring ocassionally.
- Season with the curry powder, salt and add the chilli and continue frying for a couple more minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, stir, cover and leave to cook for 10 minutes (or until the potatoes are cooked through.)
- Remove from the heat and blitz using a food processor or hand blender. Drizzle over the lime juice, mix and serve.