A combination of spinach, artichoke and leeks makes this simple, vegan main meal or side dish. Artichokes are one of my absolute favourite vegetables, there are so many things that you can do with it. Given the colder weather the hot food option consistently gets my vote. This also goes brilliantly with the Honey & Rum Glazed Gammon from last weeks recipe. An easy, one pan dish that takes a little amount of time to make, not too many ingredients and tastes delicious!
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 250g baby spinach, thoroughly washed
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1tbsp white
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2tbsp olive oil
- On medium heat, fry the leeks and garlic in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Then season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add the artichokes and fry together for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and cook until it evaporates.
- Add the spinach and cook down. Once wilted, season again with salt and pepper and serve.
Best served hot.