This recipe makes 10-12 biscuits
- 63g of unsalted butter
- 28g of caster sugar
- 90g of plain flour
- Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Icing sugar (to dust the biscuits once cooked- optional)
- Heat the oven to gas mark 5.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Then add the flour and the cinnamon and mix until a smooth paste forms.
- On a work surface roll out the biscuit dough until it is 1 1/2cm thick.
- Using a biscuit shaper, cut them into pieces and place onto a baking tray.
- Sprinkle some caster sugar on the biscuits.
- Put the baking tray in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 17-20 minutes or until the biscuits become a pale golden brown colour. Leave to cool on a wire rack.