- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 3 sage leaves
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1tsp garlic granules
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 100ml white wine
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp butter
- In a bowl put the chicken, grate the zest of the lemon, oregano, garlic granules, pepper, a sprinkling of salt and mix. Then add a heaped tablespoon of plain flour and mix again. Cover with cling film and leave to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Pour the olive oil into a frying pan and fry the chicken on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, flipping occasionally until the meat has browned.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the fresh garlic, sage, thyme, butter, wine and the juice of half a lemon and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Put the chicken back in the pan and cover. Simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Flip the chicken every now and then and add a splash of water if the sauce looks too dry.
Best served hot and with some roast potatoes and salad.