Okra, or bamia as it’s known in my family household, has been a staple in our cooking for as long as I can remember. Though the way that it is used in my mother’s cooking is different to this recipe, I wanted to mix it up and combine it with another delicious pantry staple: miso paste. Such a simple recipe and a great palate and body cleanser.
- 40g okra, sliced
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 inch piece of ginger, sliced into small batons
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- Start by frying the garlic and ginger together for a couple minutes in the olive oil.
- Add the miso paste and cook for a minute, stir occasionally.
- Pour in the stock and leave for another minute.
- Finally, add the spinach and okra, mix, cover and leave for 4 minutes.
Best served hot.