Lockdown has once again another appearance, some of us may welcome it with open arms and some are patiently waiting for the restrictions to be lifted.
Many of us are now working from home and finding time to cook amongst other commitments can be difficult. This recipe is brilliant if you have a number of things to do and you’re looking for something easy, nutritional, vegan and delicious to eat.
- 1 medium sized potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 sage leaves
- 2 dried bayleaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml vegetable stock
- Black pepper
- In a pan, fry the garlic, shallot, sage, bayleaves, thyme in the olive oil, on medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the potatoes, season with black pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, mix and leave to cook for 12-15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove the thyme stalk and the bayleaves from the pan.
- Using a food processor or a hand blender blitz the mixture until smooth.
Best served hot.