A scrumptiously creamy chicken and vegetable soup, full of nutrients and flavour. I absolutely love the colour of this dish, the small amount of saffron used really punches up the flavour and complements the coconut milk and curry powder beautifully.
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 chilli, chopped and deseeded
- 1 sweet pepper, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 diced chicken breasts
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 flat tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 250ml chicken stock
- Pinch of saffron
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- In a pan, fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil until soft.
- On a medium-low heat add the pepper and chilli and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken, curry powder, paprika, coriander and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the carrot and potato and give it a mix.
- Spinkle on the saffron, pour in the chicken stock and the coconut milk and mix well.
- Leave to simmer on low for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
Best served hot.