There’s something about this combination that screams FLAVOUR. Real, deep flavours that are so powerful and delicious you don’t even need any seasonings to jazz it up.
- 100g unsmoked bacon lardons
- 150g oyster mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 dsp walnuts, roughly chopped
- Small handful of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Start by frying the bacon lardons on medium-high heat; this will take some time. Cook until the fat has rendered and the meat starts to crispen.
- Add the garlic and and cook until both are crispy; then remove from the heat and place in a bowl.
- Using the same pan, cook the mushrooms on medium heat in the olive oil for 5-7 minutes until lightly browned.
- Put the bacon and garlic back in the pan and cook together for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve in the plate of your choice. Sprinkle over the basil and walnuts evenly and serve.