Back with another recipe this week, a butternut squash and butter bean soup. Great for these colder and windy days we are having. Deliciously healthy, earthy and even creamy with the flavour of the butter beans.
- 1/2 a medium sized butternut squash
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 can (400g) butter beans, drained
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion granules
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper
- Start by preheating your oven to 200 (fan) and bake the butternut squash for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Once you’ve removed the squash from the oven, scoop out its contents, disposing of the skin and place in a bowl. Using the back of a fork, thoroughly mush the squash until it’s mashed but not fully puréed, then leave to one side.
- Get yourself a saucepan and on medium heat, start by frying the garlic in the oil for a minute.
- Then add the squash, add all the seasonings and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the butter beans and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, mix and leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add a generous sprig of rosemary, cover and leave for an additional 5 minutes and then serve.