Autumn is just beginning which means courgettes are at their best. They’re often overlooked but this recipe gives them a leading role. Perfect for a quick and easy lunch.
- 1 courgette, sliced into rings
- 115g halloumi, sliced into batons
- Handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 50g fine bulgur wheat
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp dried mint
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan) or grill at medium-high heat. Either using the same or two baking trays place the courgettes and halloumi into the oven or grill and leave for 10 minutes. Check after this time and flip both the courgette and halloumi. Cook for a further 5 minutes or so or until the courgette and halloumi are lightly- golden brown.
- Prepare the bulgur wheat according to the packet and set aside.
- Take a small bowl and mix the tahini and the tablespoon of water together thoroughly. Initially, it may look like it has separated but keep stirring and until they combine and the liquid thickens a little. Then add the lemon and do the same until fully incorporated.
- Pour in the olive oil, parsley, and mint into the bulgur wheat and mix.
- Take your dish of choice and start assembling all the components. Start with the bulgur at the bottom and then the courgette and halloumi, distributing both evening around the plate. Finally, drizzle over the tahini dressing and serve.