Month: September 2022
Chorizo & Black Bean Chilli
That’s right guys, I thought it is time for a mix up. Chicken and Chorizo… I mean, how many more of those are we going to see? Being in the kitchen is the place to get adventurous, try different flavour combinations and let your tastebuds run wild with deliciousness.
- I can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 112g chorizo
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- On medium heat fry the chorizo and garlic in the olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the black beans and fry for two minutes.
- Then, add all the seasonings and cook for a further couple of minutes
- Put in the tomatoes, the Worcestershire sauce, mix well and cover. Leave to cook for 15 minutes and then serve. Optional: if too spicy serve with a dollop of natural yogurt.
Courgette, Halloumi & Tahini Salad
Autumn is just beginning which means courgettes are at their best. They’re often overlooked but this recipe gives them a leading role. Perfect for a quick and easy lunch.
- 1 courgette, sliced into rings
- 115g halloumi, sliced into batons
- Handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 50g fine bulgur wheat
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp dried mint
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan) or grill at medium-high heat. Either using the same or two baking trays place the courgettes and halloumi into the oven or grill and leave for 10 minutes. Check after this time and flip both the courgette and halloumi. Cook for a further 5 minutes or so or until the courgette and halloumi are lightly- golden brown.
- Prepare the bulgur wheat according to the packet and set aside.
- Take a small bowl and mix the tahini and the tablespoon of water together thoroughly. Initially, it may look like it has separated but keep stirring and until they combine and the liquid thickens a little. Then add the lemon and do the same until fully incorporated.
- Pour in the olive oil, parsley, and mint into the bulgur wheat and mix.
- Take your dish of choice and start assembling all the components. Start with the bulgur at the bottom and then the courgette and halloumi, distributing both evening around the plate. Finally, drizzle over the tahini dressing and serve.
Cauliflower & Fig Smoothie
Yes, that’s right guys cauliflower, you read that correctly. A unique combination of ingredients to get you started for the day. A slightly thicker consistency than most smoothies so it can also be used as the base for a breakfast bowl, just add a few more figs or some chopped banana or whatever you fancy really; mix it up as you like. A combination of both sweet, savoury and earthy flavours making this recipe like no other.
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 200ml coconut milk
- 4 soft figs
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 dsp peanut butter
- 1 dsp golden syrup
- 8-10 ice cubes
1. Using a blender or food processor blitz all ingredients until smooth. Serve in a glass or alternatively in a bowl if you prefer using the mixture as a breakfast bowl base.