Who said that fruit can only be eaten in a sweet setting? The baked peaches in this salad go amazingly well with the salty feta and peppery rocket. An easy lunch or something to bring along to a picnic if you’re in the mood for something different.
- 4 peaches, stone removed and quartered
- 120g feta, crumbled
- 1 handful rocket
- 70g fennel, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C (fan), gas mark 4.
- Place the peach pieces on a baking tray and place in the oven; bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Using a small bowl, mix the olive oil, golden syrup and season with a pinch of salt and leave to one side.
- Then build the salad starting with the rocket, spread the leaves making a green base.
- Distribute the fennel evenly along with the feta. Add the peach quarters and drizzle over the syrup dressing and serve.