Nothing beats a simple salad, especially when the sun is shining and you have a chance to sit and savour a little bit of goodness. In my opinion the dressing is as important as the salad components – it brings the whole plate together and gives everything a satisfying lift. Here the saltiness of the olives paired with the lemon in the dressing keeps everything light and the crunch of the cucumber makes this a joy to eat.
- 1/3 cucumber, cut into thin rounds
- 10 pitted green olives, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 dsp lemon
- A handful of parsley, finely chopped
- Ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, oregano, lemon and season with the black pepper.
- Using the dish you’re serving your salad in, evenly distribute the cucumber, olives and parsley.
- Drizzle over the oil mixture and serve.