This recipe is perfect when you want something slightly lighter but something that also packs a punch. The harissa comes at you hard in this recipe but the sweet pepper and preserved lemons give such a contrast it’ll be a staple for when you want something quick, easy but (more importantly) extra delicious too.
- 1 preserved lemon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet pointed red pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 4-5 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 80g fine bulgur wheat
- Start by preparing the bulgur according to the packet and set aside.
- Mix the harissa together with the olive oil in a small bowl and drizzle over the prepared bulgur.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly and serve.