Some of you may have noticed that I accidentally published this a couple of days ago…this recipe article was no way near ready and was missing a fair few things…. Oops? Anyways, here is the completed version with pictures and all. A simple and easy way to have a healthy meal, balanced with veggies and delicious earthy and almost citrusy flavours; hope you all enjoy! ☺️
- 75g red split lentils
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 50g kale
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 ltr vegetable stock
- 1 shallot finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Start by frying the garlic, shallot, carrot, celery and bay leaves in the oil on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée, lentils and season with black pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and cover. Leave to cook for 35 minutes or until the lentils are cooked through.
- Add the kale, cover and leave for 5 minutes. Serve on its own or with a portion of rice or some sourdough bread.