So this week’s recipe brings it all to the table: it’s quick, it’s easy, it’s delicious; all that you would want from a warm tasty meal. It’s meals like these where simple is the way to go. This time I pulsed the soup a couple of times with the hand blender instead of blitzing it fully; this way it makes the soup both creamy and has good bite and texture from the beans and leeks.
- 1 can 400g cannellini beans, drained
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 300ml vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper
- Start by frying the leek and garlic in the oil on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beans and the seasonings and continue to cook for a couple more minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and pulse 2-3 times using a hand blender; serve immediately.
Best served hot.