An ideal autumn starter for two or a light lunch for one. Bringing a mouth watering balance of both sweet and savoury to your taste buds. The crisp and bitter lettuce and the soft plums provide a really tasty contrast; a treat if you have some friends over for dinner.
- 4 plums, halved and deseeded
- 80g feta, crumbled with a fork
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 6-8 little gem lettuce leaves
- Crushed black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°
- Place the plums on a baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until blistered and juicy.
- In the meantime, take the dish of your choices and distribute the lettuce evenly on the plate.
- Now make the dressing by getting a small bowl. Mix the thyme, olive oil and golden syrup thoroughly and keep to one side.
- Remove the plums and place on the plate, scatter over the feta, drizzle over the dressing and generously crush black pepper on top.
Best served immediately.