I know what you may be thinking, goji berry, really? Initially I thought I might be on something but I tell you what, don’t knock it until you try it. Peaches are one of my absolute favourite fruits, they are so delicious and juicy. The delectable addition of the goji berry is a real game changer. Not only does it bring an added texture to the crumble it also absorbs all the juices when it’s baked and becomes these little bursts of heaven with every mouthful.
- 70g Self-raising flour
- 45g butter
- 30g light brown sugar (for crumble)
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar (for peaches)
- 2 tbsp dried goji berries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 peaches, sliced and cored
- 35g crushed walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 170°.
- In a bowl, add the sliced peaches, 1 tbsp of sugar and the goji berries and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the goji and peach mix evenly on a baking tray.
- In a separate bowl add the butter, sugar, cinnamon and flour and crumble together using your fingertips. Add the walnut pieces and thoroughly crumble together.
- Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the peaches. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until nicely golden.
Best served hot and with a drizzle of single cream.