Pesto, tomato and burrata, I’m sorry but you really can’t get much better than that?!?! Gosh my mouth is watering so much. All I can really say is just give this a go, believe me, you won’t be disappointed!
- 250g sweet mixed baby tomatoes- halved
- Basil Pesto (can use store bought or you can make your own)
- 150g Burrata cheese
- 320g ready rolled puff pastry
For the Pesto:
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large handful of fresh basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt (only if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 200°. Remove the puff pastry from the fridge at least half an hour before use. Unroll it onto the baking tray of choice and score a border around the pastry.
- To make the pesto: place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse gently. For this particular dish I didn’t blitz the pesto until smooth as having small pieces in the pine nuts bring added bite and texture. Taste the pesto before use and only salt if it is needed as I find that the parmesan brings saltiness itself.
- Spread an even layer of pesto inside the pastry border, making sure every corner and area is covered.
- Evenly distribute the tomatoes, with the flat side facing upwards.
- Season the tomatoes with black pepper from a grinder to add extra bite and flavour. Drizzle a little olive oil on the tomatoes and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry has risen, is gold in colour and the tomatoes are looking blistered and juicy.
- Using your hands, tear apart the burrata and place around the tart.
Delicious served both hot and cold!
One thought on “Tomato, Pesto & Burrata Tart”