A delicious accompaniment to a cheeky summer salad, a perfect balance of sticky and gooey with so much flavour that the chilli just finishes off with a spicy kick.
- 225g halloumi, drained and patted dry
- 1 fresh chilli, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 sprig of thyme- leaves only
- Preheat the oven to 190°.
- Slice the halloumi into equal slices and place into a baking tray.
- In a bowl, put the chilli, oil, maple, lemon and thyme and mix together.
- Pour the marinade over the halloumi and place in the oven. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. (Baste the cheese every 5 minutes or so with the maple juices.)