Happy New Year Friends!! A new year has begun and we can start afresh.
Starting off with Veganuary, a simple and quick tomato and pea stew, full of flavour and simple to make.
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 can peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 cup peas
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- On medium heat, fry the shallot and garlic together in the olive oil until soft and lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes and use the back of a tablespoon to gently break up the tomatoes and release its juices.
- When it starts to boil, add the stock and the seasonings; continuously stir until the stock has fully dissolved.
- As the mixture boils add the peas and stir thoroughly. Leave to cook for 5-10 minutes.
Best served hot and with a portion of rice.