This super creamy curried parsnip soup is the perfect combination of sweet, savoury silky deliciousness in one bowl. The aromatic flavours awaken your tastebuds and the added optional serving of single cream enhances its richness and makes the dish a little more indulgent.
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 medium sized parsnips, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium sized potato, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 medium curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600ml vegetable stock
- Single cream (optional)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add all the seasonings, including the salt and pepper and mix.
- Then add the potato and parsnip and thoroughly mix again.
- Pour in the stock and leave to simmer for 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and using a hand blender blitz the soup until silky smooth. If the consistency is too thick for your liking then add a splash of water to loosen it up.
Best served hot and with a small splash of single cream.