Given the considerably warm weather we have been having, this recipe is exactly what you need. Fantastic to have just as a light lunch if you’re not up to cooking (I don’t blame you!) The juice from the fresh tomatoes really brings this dish to life, lots of flavours, really light and takes little time to prepare.
- 1 can (400g) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 finely chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Firstly, start by making the marinade for the salad. In a bowl, put the juice of half a lime, the paprika, cumin, oil, season with salt and pepper and give it a mix.
- In a separate bowl had all the remaining prepped ingredients.
- Drizzle on the marinade and give it a good mix. Taste and season again with salt and pepper if needed.