Seeing as Christmas is just a few days away I thought I’d get myself into the festive season by whipping up some ginger biscuits. Hope you enjoy them.
This recipe makes 25 biscuits.
- 150g plain flour
- 100g brown caster sugar
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g honey
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- Melt the honey and butter together in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and mix in the sugar and egg yolk.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger into a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Keep mixing until the dough becomes smooth.
- Roll teaspoons of the dough into balls and then space them apart on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown and cracked on top.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven. They will be soft but they will harden quickly. Once firm, transfer them to a cooling rack.