- 1 clove of garlic
- Couple handfuls of fresh basil
- 1 handful of lightly roasted pine nuts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A handful of grated parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- A squeeze of lemon (optional)
- Put the basil leaves and pine nuts into a food processor and pulse several times.
- Add the garlic and cheese and pulse again.
- Whilst the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil until the sauce is of a dense consistency. (Taste to see if you are happy with cheese and oil, otherwise add more to the mixture.)
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper.